Merino Whopper Socks
Super Stretchy For All Shapes, Curvy, Muscular Or Tall
99990 In Stock
Earliest delivery: Mon 24th September
Composition: Merino wool 80% Nylon 19% Elastane 1%
Sizes: One size fits UK 3 Eur 36 - UK 8 Eur 42
Colours: Denim/Sky and Heather/Fuchsia
Luxurious merino wool mix long riding sock with padded foot
Super stretchy, ideal for the larger/longer leg
Contrast heel and toe with Tuffa logo
Merino Wool Facts:
Merino wool is common in high-end, performance athletic wear. Typically meant for use in running, hiking, skiing, mountain climbing, cycling, and in other types of outdoor aerobic exercise, these clothes command a premium over synthetic fabrics.
Several properties contribute to merino's popularity for exercise clothing, compared to wool in general and to other types of fabric:
· Merino is excellent at regulating body temperature, especially when worn against the skin. The wool provides some warmth, without overheating the wearer. It draws moisture (sweat) away from the skin, a phenomenon known as wicking. The fabric is slightly moisture repellent (keratin fibres are hydrophobic at one end and hydrophilic at the other), allowing the user to avoid the feeling of wetness.
· Like cotton, wool absorbs water (up to 1/3 its weight), but, unlike cotton, wool retains warmth when wet thus, helping wearers avoid hypothermia after strenuous workouts (climbs) or weather events.
· Like most wools, merino contains lanolin, which has antibacterial properties.
· Merino is one of the softest types of wool available, due to finer fibres and smaller scales.
· Merino has an excellent warmth-to-weight ratio compared to other wools, in part because the smaller fibres have microscopic cortices of dead air, trapping body heat similar to the way a sleeping bag warms its occupant.
Delivery Options & Charges
Tuffa Footwear Limited ship internationally, if you can't see the country you are looking for please contact us for a quotation on
Please select your delivery option during the checkout process. All prices include VAT.
Safe & Secure Payments
We accept the above debit / credit cards. Your card details are safe and secure, all payments are processed by our trusted partner SagePay.
We also accept payments via PayPal.
You have the right to cancel and return your order within 14 days of delivery without giving any reason. The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the Product(s).
To exercise the right to cancel, you must first contact us by post or email of your decision to cancel your order before returning your product(s).
We cannot accept refunds for goods which are made to your specification or are personalised.
These are true the most amazing socks I have ever had. These fit, they actually fit properly, they look fantastic, they wear well. So comfortable, so warm. I would recommend these to any one who is looking for boots for the bigger lady and leg. If you have any issues please ring the team, they have been brilliant, so helpful. I now have these in both colours and would not have anything else. THANK YOU TUFFA FOR LOOKING AFTER US BIGGER LADIES TOO XX
Well Tuffa have certainly answered the prayers of the larger calf customers. These are fantastic socks warm, comfy and do not fall down. They keep their shape after many washes. As I am from the large calf custom I can be assured Tuffa will always meet my needs. Thank you.